Criminal background checks
(Please note that we will be closed on Monday, October 14, 2019)
Commissionnaires du Québec carries out criminal background checks (also known as criminal record checks, police certificates, CIPIC and police checks). These checks can be carried out using a person’s name and birth date or using fingerprints.
There are many reasons why you could require criminal background checks.
- Pre-hiring check
- Compliance with the controlled goods program
- Tenant checks
- Permits for sales professionals (motor vehicles, real estate, financial products)
- Background checks on volunteers
If you can not make it to our offices, please complete and sign the Application for Criminal Background Check Form. Return the document with two scanned identification documents using the icon to the left of the page or at the following address: email@example.com
Requests for criminal background checks by name and date of birth are sent directly to our partner in the police sector and processed within 24 to 48 hours.
Digital fingerprint requests are sent to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) through a secure link. The results are available within 72 hours for files that have no convictions.
Required identification documents
Applicants must present two pieces of valid, government-issued identification, including one with a picture. The following pieces of identification are accepted:
- Driver’s licence
- Birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- Indian status certificate
- Immigration documents (work or study permit)
- Military Family Identification Card (MFIC)
- Record of landing (for citizenship applications)
- Nexus card